The I Cafe at the I Hotel and Conference Center, is seeking Baristas to perform the following duties with the following qualities and qualifications:
- Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.comAssumes 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience by delivering legendary customer service to all customers.
- Discovers and responds to customer needs and acts with a “customer comes first” attitude
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Records and prepares orders accurately and immediately.
- Make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Provides quality beverages and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Thanks guests for their visit and invites them to return.
- Accepts guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Follows operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety during each shift.
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to stand/walk, stoop, kneel, push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- Works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work weekdays and weekends
- Previous Barista experience a plus.
For full time positions, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
I Cafe is located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, IL.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org