Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is seeking Bartenders to perform the following duties with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience
- Take orders from guests and beverage orders from servers.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to bar supervisor.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must be available to work as late as 2:00 am
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 50 pounds
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced restaurant environment
For full time positions, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is located south of the State Farm Center at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign and is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
Interested applicants, please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com