The I Hotel and Conference Center is committed to providing superior guest service in Champaign-Urbana’s only facility that is constructed to AAA Four-Diamond standards. The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a Conference Center Attendant with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Set-up/Breakdown of all Conference Center equipment prior to and after functions
- Maintain general appearance of Conference Center rooms
- Keep in constant contact with Supervisor(s) regarding progress of event and special needs of guests
- Pay attention to what is needed in preparation for the next day and set-up
- Remove trash from all areas
- Care and maintenance of conference center rooms and events
- Refreshing in use meeting rooms during breaks
- Responding promptly and professionally to guest requests
- Attends departmental and other meetings as required
- Know and comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- Works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
- Physical labor will be required. Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Previous Conference Center-related experience is not necessary.
For full consideration please submit a cover letter and resume. For full-time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org