Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar is seeking a Front of House Manager with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage logistical aspects of front of house operations
- Estimates and orders/purchases foods, liquors, wines, or other beverages, and supplies.
- Supervision of front of house staff, including developing weekly schedules, hiring and training of staff, and coaching to Four-Diamond standards.
- Utilize leadership skills to motivate employees to ensure cost control and labor management.
- Hosting, running Expo, serving, prepping and cooking of meals when needed, to ensure customer service and satisfaction.
- Inspect establishment, and observes workers and patrons, to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards and liquor regulations.
- Ensure paperwork accuracy, such as daily sales summary reports, and payroll records.
- Supervise and coordinate receptions with high profile guests.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to monitor and update signage and run marketing campaigns.
- 5 years of Food and Beverage experience and at least 3 years management experience
- Confident decision-maker
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivator with superior team building capabilities
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Deep understanding of all operational aspects of a professional kitchen, casual dining room, and busy bar areas
- Willingness to work hands-on with staff to ensure our guests' receive a positive, memorable, and repeatable visit
- Proven trustworthiness to execute opening & closing procedures
- Brings a positive energy to workplace, and works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work weekdays and weekends
- Knowledge of POS and MS office programs, cash and credit card handling skills
- Knowledge of office paperwork including purchasing, ordering, scheduling and inventory
- Knowledge of food inventory and cost control
- Certification in TIPS, Illinois State Health standards, and Bartending License desired but not required.
For full-time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered. The I Hotel and Conference Center and Houlihan's Restaurant and Bar are located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois. Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com