Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is seeking a Host/Hostess with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete.
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting.
- Check with phone reservationists, or answering machine messages to assure you have all reservations.
- Check with manager to assure there are no large or private parties you do not know about.
- Check with kitchen to see where they stand. See if they are behind or if they are out of anything.
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand).
- Greets guests, escorts them to their table, pull seat out for the ladies, and present menus.
- Make sure the server is aware they have been sat.
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway, bathrooms, and menus are kept clean throughout operations.
- Say good-bye to all of the guests. Check to see that everything was wonderful. Not only is the host or hostess the first impression the guest gets when they come to an establishment they are also the last. You should check with every guest and if there was any kind of problem quickly get a manager.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced restaurant environment
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work weekdays and weekends
For full time positions, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered. Opportunities for advancement.
Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is located south of the State Farm Center at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign and is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com