The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a full-time, Licensed Massage Therapist Spa Therapist with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide a variety of services based on standard protocols while educating guests on benefits of spa services.
- Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy. Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
- Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service.
- Work within time limits to provide a customized spa experience for guests.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment after each guest. Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools.
- Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities related to the field of work.
- Act as an ambassador for the Spa at the I; promote spa business to guests both inside and outside the facility.
- Make sure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Graduation from a state approved massage school with a minimum of 500 hours.
- Have a valid state license.
- Minimum 1+ year of experience.
- Training in a variety of massage modalities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Continuous standing up, and extensive work with hands and arms.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Able to create a relaxing environment for guests.
- Adheres to hotel appearance and conduct standards.
This is a full-time hourly position. Therapist will be paid an hourly wage plus tips. For full time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure is offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com