The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking to fill a Massage Therapist and Guest Service Agent position with the following qualities and qualifications:
Guest Service Agent Qualifications:
- Checking guests in and out
- Responding to community and university-related inquiries
- Creating opportunities to maintain repeat-stay guests and good relations between the hotel and new guests
- Crisis management in time of guest need
- Providing facility tours
- Attending to guest needs which includes but is not limited to shuttle service, delivery of personal artifacts and all guest requests
Massage Therapist Qualifications:
- Provide a variety of services based on standard protocols while educating guests on benefits of spa services
- Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy. Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes.
- Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service.
- Work within time limits to provide a customized spa experience for guests.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift
- Graduation from a state approved massage school with a minimum of 500 hours
- Have a valid state license
- Minimum 1+ year of experience, training in a variety of massage modalities
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintaining the superior cleanliness of the facility
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work weekdays and weekends
- Knowledge and experience in the Champaign-Urbana area
- Competency in computer skills
- Good driving record is necessary
- Some physical labor will be required
- Previous hotel-related experience is not necessary
For full time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.