The I Hotel and Conference Center is committed to providing superior guest service in Champaign-Urbana’s only facility that is constructed to AAA Four-Diamond standards. The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a Repair and Maintenance Tech with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform daily preventive maintenance to ensure that building systems operate efficiently, machines continue to run smoothly, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions as assigned.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems.
- May install computer cable.
- Repair electrical equipment and control circuits; replaces faulty electrical switches; repairs refrigeration equipment.
- Perform electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Perform carpet cleaning and stain removal.
- Perform some furniture repairs.
- Proactively identify areas that need upkeep and inform supervisor.
- Maintain outdoor furniture and fixtures.
- May perform outside custodial duties such as snow removal, raking, cleaning and sweeping litter as required.
- May perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on outdoor equipment.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- On call for after-hours emergencies, evening and weekend availability
- Valid State of Illinois driver’s license
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
- Ability to move, lift, pull, or push objects or materials weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Weekend and evening availably
For full-time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered. The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois. Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com