The I Hotel and Conference Center is committed to providing superior guest service in Champaign-Urbana’s only facility that is constructed to AAA Four-Diamond standards. The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a part-time Reservations Agent, with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Answering and assisting Hotel guests with reservations and questions
- Maintaining accurate records through hotel’s preferred CRM
- Soliciting new and existing accounts through phone prospecting
- Research new business opportunities
- Send congratulations notes to engaged couples, anniversaries and business promotions
- Assist Group Sales Coordinator with rooming lists
- Assist Front desk staff when needed
- Responding to community and university-related inquiries
- Creating opportunities to maintain repeat-stay guests and good relations between the hotel and new guests
- Crisis management in time of guest need
- Providing facility tours
- Attending to guest needs which includes but is not limited to shuttle service, delivery of personal artifacts and all guest requests
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- Works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintaining the superior cleanliness of the facility
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work evenings and weekends
- Knowledge and experience in the Champaign-Urbana area
- Competency in computer skills
- Good driving record is necessary
- Some physical labor will be required.
- Previous sales and marketing experience preferred
- Previous hotel-related experience is not necessary.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com