The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking an Event Manager with the following qualities and qualifications:
The Event Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of daily events. They will work closely with a University Catering Supervisor on the delivery and execution of each event from set up details, audio/visual requests and menu items. They will develop and maintain professional relationships with clients and become a liaison between the client and all entities within I Operations, LLC.
This is a full time, hourly position with hours varying based on the quantity and duration of weekly events. Therefore, this position requires flexibility within each week and will include weekend hours.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Interaction with Social Tables, Event Master and Trello Software.
- Make connections with each client at beginning, middle and end of the event
- Control an event from conception to clean up
- Assist guest with food, entertainment, staff and cleanup
- Work with guest and A/V team for equipment setup
- Make sure the event runs smoothly, efficiently and handle any crisis that may come up
- Work with suppliers, contractors, employees, wait staff and many other parties at the same time
- Maintain general appearance of Conference Center rooms before, during and after event
- Respond promptly and professionally to guest requests
- Know and comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- May assist with other duties as assigned
For full time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com