The I Hotel and Conference Center is committed to providing superior guest service in Champaign-Urbana’s only facility that is constructed to AAA Four-Diamond standards. The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a full-time Night Auditor with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front desk staff, including personally closing shift three and completing an audit summary for each shift.
- To produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
- To follow all specified procedures to reconcile cashier’s reports each night, researching and posting any unresolved tickets from the day shifts.
- Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
- Balance and audit for accuracy
- Transmit credit card batches.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting document
- Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
- Perform all Guest Service Representative functions as required; assist in booking room reservations; assist in answering hotel phone calls
- Crisis management in time of guest need
- Attending to guest needs which includes but is not limited to shuttle service, delivery of personal artifacts and all guest requests
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- 2-3 years prior accounting, finance, or hospitality experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively, and operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing guest needs.
- Experience in high volume establishments
- Technical proficiency (computer applications) with an understanding of hospitality operating systems.
- Able to perform cash handling procedures.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Mature, with good judgment, detailed oriented, friendly and responsible.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
For full time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org