Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is seeking an Assistant Kitchen Manager with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Kitchen Manager in all kitchen functions
- Help to manage all day-to-day operations; understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Cooking and plating of food per restaurants standards
- Assists with food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards
- Oversees food quality through monitoring of product shelf life, expiration dates, rotation, product turnover and maintaining proper temperatures
- Assists in providing leadership and guidance to team members
- Assists with and trains employees in cooking, preparation, plate presentation, safe food handling, sanitation and cleanliness
- Responsible for ensuring that kitchen operations maintain the highest standards of food quality and recipe adherence
- Ensure that staff keeps a clean, sanitized and organized restaurant which adheres to health code requirements, along with maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Assists staff during high volume periods as needed
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are practiced & enforced
- Properly prepping the kitchen at the beginning and end of every shift
- Desire for success for the restaurant and for self
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a corporate menu
- Knowledge and a demonstrated ability to maintain cost controls and stay within budget
- Ability to train and coach kitchen staff; knows that learning and growth are keys to personal and professional success and is willing and able to share with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about back of the house operations
- Brings a positive energy to workplace
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Works well in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work weekdays and weekends
- Knowledge of POS and MS office programs, cash and credit card handling skills
- Minimum 2 years of cooking experience kitchen/food service experience required.
- Management experience a strong plus
For full time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
Houlihan’s™ Restaurant + Bar is located south of the Assembly Hall at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign, and is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org