The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking an Audio Visual Manager with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all aspects of the audio-visual department including hiring, training, and scheduling of Audio-Visual Technicians, maintaining the building’s AV system, and purchasing new/replacement equipment.
- Set up, tear down, operate, and maintain equipment such as computers, microphones, sound speakers, lights, projectors, video cameras, and wireless access points.
- Provide on-site support for events. This includes a variety of tasks ranging from audio mixing to basic computer tech support.
- Operate and maintain digital signage system
- Respond promptly and professionally to guest requests
- Assist guests with basic computer troubleshooting
- Ensure equipment is in accordance with the guest’s designated layout
- Test and resolve equipment issues
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly
- Conduct preventative maintenance of equipment
- Maintain inventory of equipment
- Attends departmental and other meetings as required
- Know and comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies, and energy
- Report to work on time and in appropriate business attire
- Continually learn and keeping up to date with industry trends
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- Assisting to set pricing for AV services
- Work closely with your team to ensure that events have appropriate coverage and equipment.
- Working with outside vendors when required.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with networked AV systems. Dante and SVSI experience is a plus
- Experience with digital signage systems. Brightsign experience is a plus
- Familiarity with HTML, PHP, and MySQL
- Experience with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and other Adobe software.
- Intermediate level of experience with commonly used presentation software including PowerPoint
- Understanding of basic graphic design principals
- Intermediate level understanding of computer networks
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues in a timely manner
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Brings positive energy to the workplace
- Works well in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and attention to details
- Flexible work schedule, available to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts
For full-time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1902 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com