The I Hotel and Conference Center is committed to providing superior guest service in Champaign-Urbana’s only facility that is constructed to AAA Four-Diamond standards. The I Hotel and Conference Center is seeking a Front Desk Manager with the following qualities and qualifications:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead, supervise, and develop front desk staff and operations including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplining all front desk personnel while upholding the hotel's commitment to exceptional hospitality.
- Monitor all upcoming reservations to foresee and prevent issues. Maintain responsibility for assigning arrivals in the best arrangement to suit both hotel and guest needs. Monitor all V.I.P 's special guests and requests.
- Review Guest feedback on a daily basis, responding, and using feedback to identify issues and improve service.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously. Ensure that employees are attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests and staff; holding staff, service, and amenities to the I Hotel’s high brand standard.
- Schedule the front desk staff and supervise workload during shifts. Manage reservations, guest inquiries, and shuttle schedules in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist staff in front line duties as often as needed.
- Maintain working relationships and communicates with all departments. Represent front desk at facility and department meetings. Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Continue to provide suggestions for better improving the services available to guests to ensure we stay on top of the trends.
- Maintain close observation of daily house count and monitor selling status of the house daily. Verifies room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the front desk staff. Maintain and ensure implementation of all hotel policies and procedures.
- Oversee all areas of hotel operation in the absence of senior management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Minimum two-year college degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Solid judgment and ability to resolve conflicts effectively, and operate effectively in stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing guest needs.
- Technical proficiency (computer applications) with an understanding of hospitality operating systems.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Mature, with good judgment, detailed oriented, friendly, and responsible.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
For full-time employees, Health benefits package, 401(k), paid vacation, and bonus structure offered.
The I Hotel and Conference Center is located south of the State Farm Center at 1900 S. First Street in Champaign, Illinois.
Please send cover letters and resumes to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com